Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pics from open ground to my last visit on 8 sep 12

Here is what our hole in the ground looked like when we first signed on.
image
Not alot to look at, but things are changing.

 
image

image
So construction has begun on our hole in the ground. Footings laid and the rebar for the walls up, the laborers were hard @ work putting up the forms for the concrete to be poured.

image

I had to take a two week trip for work. On Monday two weeks ago Natasha took the picture below of the site just after the concrete slab for the basement was poured. Still a glorified hole in the ground
.
image
And when we got back we see this.
image
Oh, my, i thought. This is really happening. It was late and a bit wet from the rain. I took a look inside and it looked like most of the basic walls and every thing was done, at least in the basement and the first floor. I only can assume the same is true on the top floor, but i couldn't get there because the stair were not installed yet. Are those my stairs sitting in front? IDK. It was wet inside, for sure, but i hope not worrying too much about it is ok. Wood can get wet, as long as it doesn't stay wet or is sealed wet it should be ok. So here we are, almost done with August, 2 more months and lots of details. I am hearing they will be done ahead of schedule. We will see.
My son and i stopped by, it's getting to be a thing we do Sat mornings. We'll we rolled up and saw this.
image
We got windows, a door, well three doors. It looks like all the walls are up, and they are starting the duct work and plumbing. It is really moving along, but sadly i am told that it will not be complete until @ 26NOV2012. We'll see, i just dont want it pushed back any further than that. That would be bad for my current living situation with renting.
Here are some other random pics of the inside. Hindsight, i should have taken
image
more.
image
But i thought it was too weird of lighting. I think i was wrong. So i asked the boy which bedroom he wanted and instead of choosing one of the two upstairs, he went the the master bedroom. I told h8m he would have to ask mommy about that.
On to the back and here is my rear.
image
Oh and i got a gas meter. Look no gas...
image
reads all zero's
We checked everything out, played, i mean inspected the site, and saw only 1 thing i was concerned about. The header over the front door. Supposed to have some decritve thingy above it @ to site plan. I verified with the sales rep and he shot a note over to the Builder. Im sure that it was "on order" and was going to be installed when it was delivered, but i gotta ask. Beside i am sure that i will be held to agreements, and so should they.
Met some neighbors and i think my family will fit in fine there. Obtw it looks like plenty are getting sold there, another building has all sold signs, it looks like the little community will fill up fast.

So in the email the message was that they were going to do the pre instal the cable phone internet and security system. Basically that means do the wiring and such. They also wanted any last minute changes to the placement. I cant add anything, just select final positions.
Sso this ment i wanted to go back down to the site and visually place everything. I decided to move one set of phone/internet to from the front room (leaving just 1) to the basement recroom (4 total there).
Looking at the space, i can not see having a need for more than 1 set there but the need for diversability in the basement would be greater.
I still need to think some if that will be the final decision. But i am pretty sure.
So while there here are more pics:
image
My wife looking out the back. Nothing but trees. Winter time we will be able to see other townhouses through the trees, but they are a little way off. The trees are to be kept, and we like that. Unlike other places that your back deck opens to someone else's. I couldn't take that.
Steps going up.
image
And the view from the front through the kitchen to the back.
image
And I decided to go with what I had origionally intended as for the wiring.


And here is the last we saw.  on 8 SEP 2012.  Losts of plastic pipes, some ductwork, and tubs of fun!



 
 
Jetted tub.  I bet the wife and kid will like this.....
 
 
 Uhhh yeah they do!


Next is upstairs bathroom.





There might be a void here.  If so, I can see a built in shelving.

 







Uhhh, I gess this is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment