Monday, September 10, 2012

more on the process

so after the the p/s (purchases and sales) contract is signed some clocks start.  The first one was for changing options.  this is where I could go through the option sheet, and select things I didn't choose before.  I do not know if the change in cost would have rolled into the purchase or I would have to come up with that out of pocket.  I didnt change anything, so this is something that would have to be taken up with the SM.

The other clock is for upgrading the flooring and the low voltage prewire.  I will get into the specifics of those later.  The flooring would be if you want hardwood, if not already selected with the Ryan Homes SM, carpeting, vinyl, and tile.  color options were basic, well all colors were pretty nuetral to choose from.  I upgraded the carpeting and padding, and they did have sample of the granite and counters we previously chose tith the SM (those are changed with the SM) so get the colors done and set before the option clock runs out.   We went with a 10 year carpet, stain resisant blah blah blah.  probably got hosed but I am ok with the decision.

As for the low voltage prewire, that is not for plug in for lamps and such.  think about inhouse speakers, intercom, security, cable, internet, phone, flat panel tv hookups in the wall. that stuff.  again once my lazy @$$ gets to it, i will put up the offerings.  this is all done by Guardian.  the base house comes with a few, not enough cable and internet/phone jack.  you will probably want more. I will get into my selections of course later.

No comments:

Post a Comment