Monday, September 10, 2012

Guardian Options and placement for me

Lets talk Guardian.  Yes only option during construction.  Yes seemed pricey to me.  was the sales rep helpful, ehh, but not pushy, and i felt he was truthful enough.  BTW I have a hard time trusting sales reps so my opinions there are tainted anyways.  I had $2k that Ryan Homes allowed me to roll into the mortgage (yes they can set a limit).  and I almost did just that.  I put a security system in.  boo on the contract time but what ever.  3 years.  i also put in data/phone and cable drops in everyroom, and the larger ones I put even more in.

here is why I went with the basic alarm system.  (1) my wife wanted the door chime whenever it opened.  it let us know if the 2 year old was escaping.  also it has (2) smoke detector, that is usually a good idea.  it also has (3) 4 contact points for entrances.  so when armed, it will signail a loud (5) siren.  it comes with an (6) upgraded network box, that lets me switch between, phone or data at any drop. (just replug and done).  the standard you can"t, or so i was told.  the monitoring I could do without I guess unless i get overcome by smoke, a hostage situation inside by burgulars, or i am on vacation. so that is a weak (7).  also i did thoses things in case i may ever sale it.  it will be hopefully a selling point.   My placement is below.

I selected the locations based on what could be done with the rooms, and not necessarly what only I am going to do. 





So here are the the things that were avaiable.











No comments:

Post a Comment