Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just over a month for final inspection.

We came up to the site to get in, but the doors were locked.  I am not upset about that at all.  All I had to do is go to the office, let them know who I was and they were able to let me in to check out the progress.  They have been really great about letting me in duing all phases of the construction to check things out.  I really felt as if they were like check it out, we have nothing to hide.  I do appreciate that.

So when we got in, mind you my wife has not been there since the drywall was first put up, and she immediatly went to the kitchen.

So here is my beautiful wife loving her kitchen.


The granite is still covered with the protective plastic.  I really like the way everything is comint together.  The tradesment were working this weekend.  They were installing the deck, and putting up the stone on the front of the house.  I really can't explain how excited I am.
The stone is not completely natural stone.  I am ok with that.  I figure that it will be without natural flaws. 
Did I say my wife is liking her kitchen?

lots of plucg and switches have been installed.  The laminante flooring in the bathrooms are in.  It is all looking and feeling real good right now.

Soon we will be relaxing on our deck in our home.

It has been pretty busy though.  I have been looking at insurances and researching the types, etc.  I found out that replacement cost is the key words.  that is they will replce the items broken, stolen, or damaged.  Personel porperty and house.  The other option is to have the cost of items prorated, so a 1000 dollar item bought 3 years ago might put $300 in your pocket.  Not the best way.  Replacement means a $1000 item will get replaced even if it costs $1200 now.

So I was looking, had one in mind, and when the prosessor said I need the info, I called USAA (that is the company I chose) and they sent her the info right away.

So far so good. 

Rates are still good, 3.5% or less.  I'm still floating,  I will probably lock @ 30 days out.

No comments:

Post a Comment