Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10 days till final inspection

Final inspection is scheduled for 9 nov and closing is for the 13th. All utilities have been contacted for service to be put in our names. Dominion Power, Columbia Gas, Verizon cable/internet, Fredricksburg water, Guardian security, and insurance, and I think thats @ it. All services are scheduled to be turned on the day after closing. Ryan homes sent a useful letter letting us know who will provide services, contact info as well as the scheduled final inspection times and locations. Aside from some small things, that I consider non real issues, the whole process has been good. Everyone has communicated with me in a fair amount of time. Now some might say a day or so is not timely, but those people are just rude and think the world revolves around them. The city of Fredricksburg was interesting, a bit old school. They dont do applications for service over the phone or online app. Had to goto website, print, fill out, sign, scan and email back the service request. Not hurrible, just putting that out there. I have all things scheduled to be switched/ turned off at the apt I am at. So we will see how all this plays out. Hurricaine Sandy came through, and I am guessing that the place come through ok. I havent checked but i am guessing it did. If so, i can safly assume it it hurricaine resistant now, and wont flood. Excellent test i would say. I still have to put in for vacation during that time frame. We are about half packed up to go. I am excited @ moving into our own place, but still nervious @ the closing. I know that all too often things pop up and make it collapse, but we did get a final approval from the u/w. So now we wait, for the clear to close, the HUD1, compare it to all other paperwork, and deal with that business and attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment