Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Talked to the builder yesterday.

 i do like the builder.  he addressed my concerns and he gave me the reasons of why.  for instance the 'upside down' plugs were like that to 1- identify which ones were tied to the switches on the walls, with the  specific outlet to be controlled on top.  I am good with that. I have moved into many apts and went from outlet to outlet with a light trying to find that out.  GFi outlets are on each series of outlets.  so even though not ever outlet is a GFI, there is an outlet on that chain that is.  ok got it, by code that works, and GFI outlets are more expensive, so the protection is there, my misgiving is that if one shorts, i will have to check others to see whick one popped.  I understand, what ever.   the wood flooring under and will be hidden under the dishwasher, well the dishwasher wont move, and they instead of just putting in 2 strips of support wood (could be anything), filled it up with what they had to keep it level.  the dishwasher is mounted ans secured in place.  I guess if my major concern is the asthetics and small joints, in an area that will never be seen, and is basically sealed off, i can deal with that.  also i did check behind the stove/oven and it looks good there.  so i will live.

so i am in the 30day window to lock.  nervous.  rates are great.  looking at 3.25 and paying less than a point.  3.375 with just a little back to me, or 3.5 with @ a point back to me.  rates people would have killed for just a short time ago.

i have made appointment with Guardian to get the security turned on and explained, cable / internet has been ordered.  going with verizon fios.  Never had them before, but honestly I am tired of Comcast.  we have them right now and well on demand is not working, and service has gone in and out several times in the past year, so we will try something new with this.  we still need to turn on the electric/gas/water.  not sure of what else. My wife actually has that sheet hostage. We still have to get the services here turned off/switched. Water/electric cable / rental insurance (i hated having to get this but it was required when we renewed our lease). My wife has been doing awsome, starting to pack up the things we wont need the next 30 days. Pulling decorations off of walls, putting away nic-nacks, all the extra stuff. We are piling up a room with everything. So things are coming together. We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment